Allakuli-Khan Madrasah is located between the Ichan-Kala eastern gate and the roofed bazaar Tim. It was one of Khiva largest religious schools in the past. The madrasah was built within 1834-1835 and was funded by the Khan Allakuli who ruled Khiva at the time. The building is considered one of the best examples of Khorezm medieval architecture. The madrasah portrays harmony of tradition, proportion and magnitude. The portal and arched niches are simple yet elegantly decorated with blue and black-and-white Khorezm-style majolica. The town’s library was housed on the first floor of the madrasah in the 19th century.
Among the 20 madrasahs in Khiva, Kutlug Murad Inak Madrassah is the oldest to have preserved to the present day. It was built in 1809, during the ruling of Khan Muhammad Rakhim I. The structure of the madrasahs is completely traditional as the façade with a high portal and two-storey loggias are covered in blue majolica. The madrasah consists of a lecture hall and a mosque with a low cone-shaped dome. There are also two floors of hujra cells running around the square inner yard that are zoned only by one peshtak portal. It is different from the aspect of its patterned terracotta decorative panels and artificial decorative stalactites.
Located in the south of Islam-Khodja Minaret, the Bagbanly Mosque also known as Bokbonly Mosque is a small quarter mosque from the early 19th century. The architect responsible for the construction was Pahlavan Kuli and Ruz Muhammad, master of the carved doors. A conical dome crowned the square hall. The mihrab is located in the southern niche. The avian has a flat roof with two sculptured columns on its marble base. The columns are older than the mosque. The reason for this is that the ornamental zones are decorated with different inscriptions on each column. Columns of this type can also be found in the Djuma-Mosque of the 14th-15th centuries.
The construction of Kunya-Ark began in 1686 by order of the last representative of the Sheybanids, Khadaydad-Khan. At the end of the 18th century, the fortress had been a guarded "town in the town" It was hidden and blocked behind its own castellated adobe wall, which has 10-meter-high and 5-6m-thick fortification wall of Itchan-Kala itself. The first yard was built to wait for audiences with the Khan. The second yard was the fortress's defending ordnance. The third yard was used for the gathering of Khan's council.
Islam Khoja Complex, built near the madrasah is the highest structure in Khiva and has become its symbol. The minaret dominates its part of the city and concentrates around its thousands of domes and vaulted constructions. The brickwork alternates with bands of glazed patterns on the minaret and is decorated with blue and white ceramics alternating with ochre bricks. The diameter on the foundation is about 10 m and the shaft of the minarets diminishes in its diameter as it rises, and produces an unusual impression. It is topped by an arched lantern and golden crown with a golden crown and is 56.6 meters high. The complex is called in honour of Islam Khoja, Prime Minister of Isfandiar Khan.